Women in Manufacturing Education Foundation Board of Directors Announced 2019
For more information, please contact Christie Carmigiano
CLEVELAND, OH—June 27, 2019—The Women in Manufacturing Education Foundation (WiMEF) is pleased to announce the election of 11 members to its 2019 Board of Directors.
The board is led by Chair Bernadette Palumbo, Vice President Human Resource Operations, BASF Corp., Florham Park, NJ; Vice Chair Susanne Lauda, Director, Global Advanced Manufacturing Technology, AGCO Corp., Duluth, GA; and Secretary/Treasurer Kirste Webb, Executive Director, Visionary Center for Sustainable Communities, Knoxville, TN.
Additional members of the WiMEF board are:
- Teresa Beach-Shelow, President, Superior Joining Technologies, Inc., Machesney Park, IL
- Katie Kelley, US Vice Chair, BMO Harris Bank N.A., Minneapolis, MN
- Lynn Kier, Vice President, Communications and Branding, Schaeffler Group USA Inc., Fort Mill, SC
- Sheila LaMothe, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, Goyer Management International, Lakewood Ranch, FL
- Maryanne Spatola, SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer, Solix, Inc., Parsippany, NJ
- Traci Tapani, President, Wyoming Machine, Inc., Stacy, MN
- Kelli Wells, Founder, STEM Leadership Alliance, Stamford, CT
- Gretchen Zierick, President, Zierick Manufacturing Corp., Mount Kisco, NY
“I am excited to welcome these industry leaders to the WiMEF Board of Directors,” said WiM President Allison Grealis. “I look forward to working closely with them as we continue to develop and deliver enhanced educational opportunities to women in the manufacturing sector.”
WiMEF funds the Leadership Lab for Women in Manufacturing and the Management Development Program. To date, more than 100 women have graduated from both programs. Of these graduates, more than 40 percent received a promotion following completion of the course. In addition, the Foundation, with direct support from Arconic Foundation, has delivered 26 virtual learning sessions to more than 10,000 men and women since its launch in 2016.
The Foundation currently is in the midst of a founding members fundraising campaign to support the expansion of existing educational programs to include a program for early-career and senior executive-level women in manufacturing as well as affordable coaching and assessment services for all members. For details about supporting this campaign, visit the website.
The WiM Education Foundation (WiMEF) is the 501(c)(3) arm of Women in Manufacturing® Association, a more than 2,600-member-strong national association dedicated to supporting, promoting and inspiring women who have chosen a career in manufacturing. WiMEF provides and supports effective and affordable educational opportunities for women in manufacturing. For more information, visit www.womeninmanufacturing.org.