WiMEF HERizon 5K Fundraiser
The HERizon 5K – Frequently Asked Questions
- Registration is $45 and is available through the WiM SUMMIT website.
- Select The HERizon 5K to include with your SUMMIT order and you will be emailed a promo code to use on The HERizon 5K webpage to get signed up.
- Alll participants must complete the registration and waiver agreement on The HERizon 5K site.
- The HERizon 5K is open to the public!
- Registration and payment for non-SUMMIT attendees must go through The HERizon 5K website.
- All teams must be created on The HERizon 5K webpage.
- Check the YES box on the registration page when asked if you want to create or join a team.
- Select the Create a New Team tab.
- Enter a team name.
- You are not required to set a password for your group, however if you do, you must share the password with your intended teammates.
- Individuals can select to join your team as they complete their registration by selecting the team’s name from the drop-down tab.
- Teams must include a minimum of 2 racers.
- From the home page select Teams from the top menu.
- Individuals can search for the team’s name and select to join. They will be routed to the registration page where they can sign in and add themselves to that team from the drop-down menu.
- Similarly, individuals can select the Create a Group/Team button and follow the prompts to create the new team.
- Yes, individual runners NOT running with a registered team, may sign up at both Packet Pick-Up on Day of Race.
- Fee will be $65 with no guarantee of a race shirt.
Virtual and Non-Running Participation Questions:
- The HERizon 5K is a fundraiser in support of the Women in Manufacturing Education Foundation (WiMEF) with proceeds from registration included as part of the total revenue received.
- Virtual attendees are able to register individually or with a team to show their support.
- No racing required, simply follow the same registration as described for SUMMIT attendees.
- You will receive your event t-shirt in the mail based on address provided in your registration.
- Non-racers can make a donation on The HERizon 5K website by selecting the Donate button.
- Individuals can indicate the amount for their donation and select how to acknowledge their support by selecting their name, anonymous or other.
- Donations can be directed to a fundraising team or individual by selecting the name of the registered fundraiser from the search area.
- Of course we will need volunteers! Contact Jen Kopf if interested at email@example.com
- The HERizon 5K allows individuals and teams to fundraise independently with their own donation page. Fundraisers can track their progress and compete to raise the most funds with all proceeds benefiting the WIMEF.
- Fundraisers/Team Fundraisers share a custom URL that links to a unique webpage specifically for them to collect donations to help them reach their goals.
- Funds raised go to the WiMEF - our non-profit that develops programs and educational resources to further the advancement of women in the manufacturing workforce.
- Select Become a Fundraiser from the left side menu on the HERizon 5K webpage.
- For individual racers, complete the individual fundraiser information at the top of the page and set a fundraising goal.
- Team fundraisers complete the Team information section at the bottom of the page.
- Create a custom fundraising URL to share as a direct link to your fundraising page.
- The Fundraiser option is also available upon initial race registration.
- There is no minimum but we encourage participants to raise funds to support our programs. Registration fees help offset some of the expenses associated with making The HERizon 5K a success, but fundraising is essential for the WiMEF to continue to develop, support and provide affordable educational and leadership programs for women in the manufacturing industry to excel in a predominantly male concentrated field.
Race Information Questions:
- The race begins at 2:00 p.m. (EST).
- Day of Race registration will open beginning at 1:00 p.m. (EST).
- You may pick up your packet/race number beginning at 1:00 p.m. on race day at registration table located at Hudson's Grille.
- Rain– The event will NOT be cancelled due to rain alone unless the downpour is such that athletes, police, and volunteers lose visibility making situations unsafe. If this occurs we will wait until the rain subsides and follow the same procedure listed for lightning conditions (minus the 30 minute rule).
- Lightning – In the event of lightning the race will be postponed by 30 minutes every time lightning is spotted and thunder is heard within 6 miles of the event. Please note that every time lightning strikes and thunder is heard within 6 miles of the race site we must delay the start by 30 minutes.
- Tornado Warning – If at any time before (close to race start) or during the event, a tornado warning is issued, the race will be cancelled.
- On Course Cancellation – If the race is canceled due to storms (lightning and/or excessive rain) or tornado warnings while it is in progress we will do everything in our power to alert everyone on the course. Those that are on course without means of rescue should seek immediate shelter via open stores, buildings, garages, homes and/or any other means of protection from the dangerous conditions.
- As this is a charitable event, NO REFUNDS will be issued
- Top 10 finishers will receive an award.
- Top individual and team fundraisers will receive an achievement award.
- All registered racers will receive a complementary celebration beverage at Hudson's Grille after the race.
o All teams must be created on The HERizon 5K webpage.
o Check the YES box on the registration page when asked if you want to create or join a team.
o Select the Create a New Team tab.
o Enter a team name.
o You are not required to set a password for your group, however if you do, you must share the password with your intended teammates.
o Individuals can select to join your team as they complete their registration by selecting the team’s name from the drop-down tab.