Summer Leadership Conference
The 4th annual Summer Leadership Conference (SLC) took place on July 22 - 23, 2019 in Louisville, KY
About the SLC
The SLC is a special event for WiM's National Board of Directors and Corporate member company representatives. Participants discuss and determine solutions to common industry challenges, network and exchange ideas, and walk away with tangible next steps to improve their workforce attraction, engagement, and retention.The 4th annual WiM SLC was held on July 22 - 23, 2019 in Louisville, KY at GE Appliances, a Haier Co. Every Corporate member of WiM was encouraged to send up-to-two representatives at no cost. More than 75 manufacturing leaders were in attendance.
- Interactive roundtable discussions on key topics of interest - The Power and Purpose of Employee Resource Groups and Advocacy and Mentorship in Manufacturing
- Presentations given by fellow Corporate member companies - "Attracting Women to Manufacturing Roles" with Herminio Hernandez, Strategic HR Business Advisor, BASF and "My Journey, My Way" with Marcia Brey, Executive Director, Lean Enterprise, GE Appliances
- Networking with senior leaders
- An off-site networking dinner, distillery tour, and bourbon tasting in the heart of Whiskey Row
- Small-group tours of GE Appliances
Stay tuned for 2020 dates and location!