• LPP broke ground on June 19, 2017.
• The Feed Mill began operation on June 26, 2019, the Hatchery received their first Egg on May 30, 2019, and the plant began operation on September 9, 2019.
• LPP celebrated our Ribbon Cutting on October 19, 2019, celebrating the culmination of years of effort with Costco Leadership and many state and local leaders. Over 5000 individuals toured LPP at our Grand Opening celebration that day.
• US Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue visited LPP on December 12, 2019.
• On February 7, 2020 LPP received the “Workforce Game Changer” award from the Fremont Area Chamber of Commerce.
• Like the rest of the United States, LPP modified operations to adhere to COVID-safe protocols in mid-March of 2020 to account for COVID-19. During COVID-19, LPP has remained in full operation and has not missed any work days due to COVID-19 related labor shortages.
• Late 2020, LPP was presented the “Livestock Industry Appreciation Award” by the Nebraska Corn Board.
• On June 27, 2021 Walt Shafer, our COO, was announced as the 2021 MEAT+POULTRY Operations Executive of the Year.
• On March 22, 2022 LPP received the “Agriculture Innovator of the Year” award from the Fremont Area Chamber of Commerce.
• In October of 2022, LPP was named Large Manufacturer of the Year by the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
• In March of 2023, COO Walt Shafer was inducted into the Nebraska Poultry Hall of Fame.
• LPP has approximately 1200 employees complex wide. This includes team members who work in corporate, the plant, hatchery, feed mill, and in live operations.
• LPP processes approximately 2 million birds each week. Typically LPP runs a 5- day work week with two production shifts each of those 5 days.